[Gluster-users] gluster mounted volumes not following group permissions

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Tue Apr 19 18:19:28 UTC 2011

I just had it pointed out to me that we are experiencing situations where a
process that has group write permissions on a file is failing for not
actually having write permissions.  I broke it down to the most simple of
tests:

userA creates file 'test' in /mnt/gluster/
userA sets group ownership to groupA on /mnt/gluster/test
userA sets mode to 664 on /mnt/gluster/test
userA tries to edit /mnt/gluster/test and succeeds

root ensures that userB is in groupA
userB tries to edit /mnt/gluster/test and FAILS

Anyone else ever seen something like this?

We're on 3.1.2 in a RHEL 5 environment.

-greg