[Gluster-users] strange error hangs any access to gluster mount

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 13:39:03 UTC 2011

On 04/18/2011 09:23 AM, Burnash, James wrote:
> After taking the actions suggested by Jeff and confirmed by Amar, it
> looks like all of my maps are clean (thought I am still having problems,
> which may or may not be related).
>

> Here are the maps after all the corrections were done:

> How do these look to you? I don’t see a gap/hole, and since mirrored
> pairs are claiming (only) the same range for each mirrored brick, all
> looks ok to me.  Can  one / both of you just confirm that my layout now
> looks clean?

Those look much healthier to me, and I'm glad to hear that at least some
issues seem to have been resolved.  Just for future reference, did the
suggestion to modify the layout xattr directly work, or did you have to
do a full manual migration of the files on the "weird" subvolume?  It
seems like a couple of other users on IRC have run into layout issues in
3.1.3 that look disturbingly similar, so it would be nice to know which
fixes work and which don't.  Thanks!