[Gluster-users] tar file shrank, padding with zeros errors

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:47:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to tar files directly off of a striped gluster mount to
tape. For multi-gb files, tar sometimes throws an error saying that
the file has shrunk by some bytes and it is being padded with zeros,
found some info about this in relation to fuse controller file
systems:

http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-tar@gnu.org/msg01341.html

Is there anyway to get around this? Still using 3.0.x so I tried UNFS
v3 to get the files off the gluster mount via NFS, but that caused two
of my servers to crash when I was testing reads/writes, and them rm's
of large files so I gave up on that.

Btw, I'm not having any problems with other commands (e.g. rsync, cp)
or applications that are reading/writing to the gluster dirs.

Thanks,
Sabuj