[Gluster-users] ZFS deduplication and Gluster -

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Tue Sep 28 04:46:21 UTC 2010

Gluster community members -
As many of you know Gluster supports the full feature set of ZFS, OpenSolaris has been a popular platform for the GlusterFS server for a long time. I've talked to users using 'zfs send' to add geographic redundancy, cloning and snapshotting for backup and recoverability, quotas, emulated volumes, etc.
Question- Is anyone using ZFS deduplication and Gluster? If you are what kind of deduplication rates do you see? Any problems? Would you recommend it to the community?
If you would like your response to be confidential please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks for supporting Gluster!

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Sales Critter; Gluster, Inc.
Cell - ( 408) 829-9953 (California, USA)
Office - ( 408) 770-1884
Gtalk - craig.carl at gmail.com
Twitter - @gluster
Installing Gluster Storage Platform, the movie!
http://rackerhacker.com/2010/08/11/one-month-with-glusterfs-in-production/