[Gluster-users] Gluster Storage Platform 3.0.5 fails to detect new nodes

Bala.JA bala at gluster.com
Wed Sep 22 05:38:07 UTC 2010

Hi Kevin,

There could be two known issues.

1. Check if last IP address of storage pool is free by pinging to it.  If the IP
address is in use, please adjust storage pool to make sure the last IP address
is not in use.

2. As the installer tries to connect to first server using eth0, you can connect
all NICs of new server into the switch where first server is connected.  After
installation, you can switch back NIC cabling as per your required setup.

Both issues were fixed in our upcoming 3.1 release and Platform 3.1Alpha0 is
available for testing.  You can download it from http://dev.gluster.com/downloads/

Thanks,

Regards,
Bala