[Gluster-users] Adding new storage nodes to existing GlusterFS network

Roland Rabben roland at jotta.no
Tue Sep 21 16:56:16 UTC 2010

Hi, this is probably a newbee question, but here goes.

I am adding two new servers to my existing GlusterFS network and I am
wondering what the correct procedure is.
I am using a Distributed / Replicated setup. My existing network has two
servers.

Do I need to take down the whole network with client and servers?
Can I just unmount the client, update the client config file and then mount
the client again with the new servers?
Will new files be written to the new servers only, or both the new and old?

Best regards

Roland Rabben
Founder & CEO Jotta AS
Cell: +47 90 85 85 39