[Gluster-users] Shared web hosting with GlusterFS and inotify

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Sep 15 15:42:07 UTC 2010

On 15.09.2010 17:20, Pablo Godel wrote:
> I also ran into this problem trying to share the document root with two
> servers. It would be great to find a solution.

I wonder if it's possible to specify the "preferred" glusterfs server
(or, "weight")?

For example, with two-server setup, being also clients at the same time,
I often see that one client _reads_ a lot (70-100 MB/s) from the other
node, while its local disks are idle.

I would expect glusterfs to try to read from the other node only if it
i.e. reads more than 50 MB/s from the local node, or only do reads from
the local node.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org