[Gluster-users] How to clean/reset glusterfs config?

Joe Whitney jwhitney+gluster-users at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:53:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an experimental gluster storage cluster using virtual
machines (VMs) on Xen.  I want to be able to instruct the VMs to "forget"
any previous gluster configuration (i.e. the server to forget about all
previously configured peers, the peers to forget what storage volumes they
are providing, etc).  The use case is that the VMs will can be attached to
different data stores (bricks?) at different times due to their allocation
on particular physical machines.  Is there a quick and simple way to get
gluster to reset its configuration back to nothing?  I am very new to
gluster so I apologize for any confusion of terminology here, I hope it is
clear what I am asking.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Whitney