[Gluster-users] Permission Denied when copying from one gluster 3.1 volume to another 3.1 volume

John Lao jlao at cloud9analytics.com
Thu Oct 28 23:18:04 UTC 2010

I can create files on both gluster volumes as the regular user.  The problem happens when I try to copy files from one volume to another volume as the regular user.

What works is if I copy data from one gluster volume to local disk, then copy the files from local disk to the other gluster volume.

There is only one regular user set up to access both volumes and the user is the owner of the directory on the servers in each cluster. Selinux is disabled on all machines.

Regards,

John Lao

"Luis E. Cerezo" <lec at luiscerezo.org> wrote:

it really sounds like a perms issue to me. If the root of the all the storage bricks aren't writable by said user, a write will fail.

Can you do a simple "touch file1234" on the gluster volume as the non-root user?

another thing to check, what is selinux set to? (getenforce)

-luis