[Gluster-users] Permission Denied when copying from one gluster 3.1 volume to another 3.1 volume

John Lao jlao at cloud9analytics.com
Thu Oct 28 21:15:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am running glusterfs 3.1 on 2 different volumes and mounted on the client as /mnt/gluster/vol1 and /mnt/gluster/vol2.  When I try to copy data from vol1 to vol2 as a regular user I get a permission denied error.  When I try to do the copy as root it succeeds.  But, as a non-root user I copy vol1 data to the local disk then copy that local disk to vol2 the copy succeeds.

So it seems like I cannot directly copy between volumes as a regular user.  Is this a bug?

I am running CentOS 5.5 x86_64 on both clusters.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John