[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.1 client crash (Signal 6)

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:46:10 UTC 2010

I installed GlusterFS 3.1 in my server using the binary deb packages and from
source in my 32bit clients but I am unable to access any gluster volume in my
server (Ubuntu Maverick 64bit) from any of my 32bit clients (Ubuntu
Maverick/Hardy 32bit).  Mounting and accessing the volumes from 64bit clients
works flawlessly. In my 32bit machines I can mount the volume but trying to cd
or ls the mount point hangs there and the logfile reports signal 6 (SIGABORT).

Here is the logfile output:

pending frames:

patchset: v3.1.0
signal received: 6
[2010-10-26 18:29:31.45228] W [io-stats.c:1637:init] data: dangling volume.
check volfile
[2010-10-26 18:29:31.45314] W [dict.c:1204:data_to_str] dict: @data=(nil)
[2010-10-26 18:29:31.45346] W [dict.c:1204:data_to_str] dict: @data=(nil)
Given volfile:
  1: volume data-client-0
  2:     type protocol/client
  3:     option remote-host 192.168.4.86
  4:     option remote-subvolume /data
  5:     option transport-type tcp
  6: end-volume
  7:
  8: volume data-client-1
  9:     type protocol/client
 10:     option remote-host 192.168.4.87
 11:     option remote-subvolume /data
 12:     option transport-type tcp
 13: end-volume
 14:
 15: volume data-replicate-0
 16:     type cluster/replicate
 17:     subvolumes data-client-0 data-client-1
 18: end-volume
 19:
 20: volume data-write-behind
 21:     type performance/write-behind
 22:     subvolumes data-replicate-0
 23: end-volume
 24:
 25: volume data-read-ahead
 26:     type performance/read-ahead
 27:     subvolumes data-write-behind
 28: end-volume
 29:
 30: volume data-io-cache
 31:     type performance/io-cache
 32:     subvolumes data-read-ahead
 33: end-volume
 34:
 35: volume data-quick-read
 36:     type performance/quick-read
 37:     subvolumes data-io-cache
 38: end-volume
 39:
 40: volume data
 41:     type debug/io-stats
 42:     subvolumes data-quick-read
 43: end-volume

pending frames:

patchset: v3.1.0
signal received: 6

Googling around indicates this problem exists even before 3.1:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gluster-devel@nongnu.org/msg06949.html

--
regards,
Horacio Sanson