[Gluster-users] Cannot create volume
gluster at king7.com
Sat Oct 23 09:50:58 UTC 2010
Hello All, (my apologies for the long winded message)
I am new to the Gluster software, but very intrigued by it's potential, so I've decided to dive into Glustering!
I've been following documentation at http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1_Filesystem_Administration_Guide, and I am currently stuck at the "Configuring Distributed Replicated Volumes" phase.
To quickly recap what I've done:
1) Installed glusterfs-core/rdma/fuse-3.1.0-1, e.g. rpmbuild -bb glusterfs.spec
2) Loaded fuse module, e.g. modprobe -v fuse
3) Started glusterd, e.g. /etc/init.d/glusterd start
4) Created Trusted Storage Pools, e.g. gluster peer probe hostnameA; gluster peer probe hostnameB; gluster peer hostnameC
5) Configuring Distributed Replicated Volumes, e.g. gluster volume create replicate-volume replica 2 transport tcp hostnameA:/export/ hostnameB:/export hostnameC:/export
When I run the gluster volume create command, I get this error, "Creation of volume replicate-volume has been unsuccessful". Looking in one of the logs, I see this line is generated:
"[2010-10-23 02:56:53.588274] E [glusterd3_1-mops.c:1370:glusterd_handle_rpc_msg] : Unable to set cli op: 16"
6) Currently running CentOS release 5.5 on 3 VMWare machines from one host. Not using hardware Raid, just basic install of the OS.
1) Is there a debug option I can use to see why the command is failing?
2) Do you see anything wrong with the order of the commands I have executed?
3) The only edit I've made was to /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol, to change the transport-type to use "tcp", was this ok, or should I revert back to "socket,rdma"?
option working-directory /etc/glusterd
option transport-type tcp
option transport.socket.keepalive-time 10
option transport.socket.keepalive-interval 2
Any advice or corrections would be greatly appreciated!
My best to you,
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ('Message') is intended only for the use of the recepient (s) named and may contain confidential information. Opinions, conclusion and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of King7.
More information about the Gluster-users