[Gluster-users] Some client problems with TCP-only NFS in Gluster 3.1

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Fri Oct 22 09:46:44 UTC 2010

{Resending due to incomplete response]

Brent,
Thanks for your feedback . To mount with a Solaris client use -
` mount -o proto=tcp,vers=3 nfs://<SERVER-ADDR>:38467/<EXPORT> <MNT-POINT>`

As to UDP access we want to force users to use TCP. Everything about Gluster is designed to be fast , as NFS over UDP approaches line speed it becomes increasingly inefficient, [1] we want to avoid that.

I have updated our documentation to reflect the required tcp option and Solaris instructions.

[1] http://nfs.sourceforge.net/#faq_b10

Thanks again,

Craig

-->