[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.1 / Performance

raveenpl raveenpl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 09:22:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I want build storage for huge amount of data (thousands VM images). I
am wondering if glusterfs is good option for such implementation - I
noticed on this list that a lot of users report performance issues
with XEN (with disabled io direct mode). Maybe someone can say
something about performance in newest version of glusterfs 3.1 in
cooperation with such virtualization solution? I am using distros
based on newest kernel from serie 2.6.32. I realize that this topic is
very general, but it would be nice to know opinion from
users/developers who have biggest experience.

Thanks in advice!
PK