[Gluster-users] Automount using /net/<brickname> in Glusterfs 3.1?

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Thu Nov 18 17:13:29 UTC 2010

Hi.

I'm running Glusterfs 3.1.01 on Centos 5.2. I have 2 bricks setup as mirrored and distributed, created using the 3.1 gluster commands. They all work fine for client mounts and NFS mounts on the client of the form:
 mount -t nfs <brickname>:/mytest /mytest.

I've gone through all the Gluster documentation about automatic mounting - /etc/fstab entries, etc. I did find some information on entries needed for map files - but nothing I've tried has worked for automounting a Glusterfs NFS share with this syntax:

cd /net/<brickname>/mydirectory

The command returns successfully, but a subsequent "mount" command shows that this automount directory is actually writing to "/" on the client.

This is the syntax used everywhere in house so that explicit NFS mounts aren't needed in the /etc/fstab of every machine, and so there is no dependency on those mounts at boot time.

Has anybody tried this syntax, and if so what did you have to configure to use autofs or amd daemons to perform this activity?

James Burnash, Unix Engineering

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY Knight Capital Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications. http://www.knight.com