[Gluster-users] Restricting read-only mount

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:27:35 UTC 2010

Hi there,

Some time ago, I saw a thread on this mailing list regarding mounting
a gluster file system read-only with a -o ro mount option. I see that
version 3.1 supports this option and it is working fine, great work!

But I need to impose some restrictions on the server for the clients.
For the same volume, some clients can mount read-write, and other
clients can mount read-only, per IP address. This scenario is for web
servers only reading files from, while application servers writing to
the volume.

Any way to accomplish this, maybe using auth.addr?

Thanks,

--
[]'s
Hugo