[Gluster-users] Gluster client 32bit

Deadpan110 deadpan110 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 08:09:43 UTC 2010

I asked about 32bit support when glusterfs 3.1.0 was released:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gluster-devel@nongnu.org/msg07150.html

They focus on 64bit due to their own clients requiring it - hence I
understand their commitment.

It is a pity that us 32bit users are without support, but the great
thing about opensource and mailing list communities, we can supply
support for each other and let the devs continue in their great work.

I had not fully tested the 3.1.0 release but did find the fuse client
better (file locking is non existent when mounting over NFS) - but the
performance hit was quite large on my tiny Virtual Machine cluster
setup - so I am unsure if i had short writes just using NFS alone.

(I have a feeling it may be related to a bug that some other 64bit
users encountered).

I will be testing 3.1.1 as soon as it appears.

Martin