[Gluster-users] Online operations

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Sun Nov 14 02:59:34 UTC 2010

Anselm -
You can remove a brick online, you can't change the type of an existing volume, if you could explain what you what to do with a 'merge' and a 'split' I could give you a better answer, you can 'split' a volume by moving half the data to another volume and 'merge' data by copying all the data from one volume to another, is that what you want to do?

Parity based storage in a distributed file system is difficult for several reasons, we are currently investigating some possibilities with erasure coding and will keep everyone up to date on our progress.

Thanks,

Craig

-->
Craig Carl