[Gluster-users] using gluster for /home

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Fri Nov 12 15:41:43 UTC 2010

Does anyone have any *production* experience with using the gluster
native client for users' home directories?

I'm familiar with the behavior of NFS under such circumstances, such
as what to expect if someone is logged into a window manager from
multiple workstations, delays in writes being visible to different
machines, etc.  Should I expect that using the native client would
have the same user-visible behavior as NFS?  Any differences?

If you can answer the above or have any other related observations
based on *production* environments, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Devin