[Gluster-users] NFS - failing mounting subdir

Janne Aho janne at citynetwork.se
Thu Nov 11 09:53:31 UTC 2010

On 11/11/10 10:44, Stefano Baronio wrote:
> 2010/11/11 davide f<davidef1986 at yahoo.it>
>
>> I'm trying to setup gluster with nfs.If I mount the root directory of
>> the share it works just fine, but (for various reasons) I need to mount only
>> a subdir of that share (ex.  mount 192.168.0.181:/share/subdir
>>   /mnt/gluster/) but it fails with "reason given by server: No such file or
>> directory", that directory, of course, exists into the share.Any ideas on
>> how to solve this problem ?
>     I have the same problem..

As far as I can recall, glusterfs uses NFS3 and the mount point is the
"root" directory, so the subdirectories won't be directly mountable, I
think you need NFS4 to be able to do what you are thinking of.

A work around would be to mount the whole share to a location on the
client which isn't accessible for all users and then bind the directory
you wanted to mount to the location where you wanted.

Example for fstab:
192.168.0.1:/share /protected/share nfs
noauto,nfsvers=3,rw,bg,hard,intr,async 0 0

/protected/share /reallocation none bind 0 0

--
Janne Aho (Developer) | City Network Hosting AB - www.citynetwork.se
Phone: +46 455 690022 | Cell: +46 733 312775
EMail/MSN: janne at citynetwork.se
ICQ: 567311547 | Skype: janne_mz | AIM: janne4cn | Gadu: 16275665