[Gluster-users] question on NFS mounting

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Nov 7 04:53:47 UTC 2010

Hi Folks

We have a 3.1 cluster set up, and NFS mounting is operational.  We are
trying to get our heads around the mounting of this cluster.  What we
found works (for a 6 brick distributed cluster) is using the same
server:/export  in all the mounts.

My questions are

1) can we use any of the bricks for server?  We tried using another
brick in the volume, but it doesn't seem to work.

2) if we need to use a single server for the mount, is this a
performance bottleneck?  That is, does all the traffic have to traverse
one brick?

3) in previous releases (3.0.x and before) we could mount the file
system on each server.  We are doing this now with the nfs mount, but my
concern from point 1 still stands.

We are working on understanding the performance issues with this.
Hopefully with some benchmarks soon.

Regards,

Joe

--