[Gluster-users] Replication between two separate clusters

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Wed May 26 03:16:15 UTC 2010

Jeffrey -
AFR has been deprecated, we use "cluster/replicate" now. Replicate works by implementing "Mirror on Write". If you are using the GlusterFS client and your volume is mirrored the client actually writes to both nodes at the same time so the replication is synchronous.
Unfortunately replicate is not very tolerant of queuing and isn't suggested for WAN replication unless you have a lot of very low latency bandwidth. We have an async solution in the roadmap, please give me a call if you want some more details.

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Sales Engineer; Gluster, Inc.
Cell - ( 408) 829-9953 (California, USA)
Office - ( 408) 770-1884
Gtalk - craig.carl at gmail.com
Twitter - @gluster
Installing Gluster Storage Platform, the movie!