[Gluster-users] Running Gluster client/server on single process

Roberto Franchini franchini at celi.it
Sun May 16 13:42:49 UTC 2010

On 5/16/10, Tejas N. Bhise <tejas at gluster.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Is there any specific reason why you want to run the client and server in a
> single process ?

Why? Well, since the boxes are client and server at the same time we
think  running  gluster in single process can save system resources.
We run gluster 3.0.4 on ubuntu 9.10 (4 nodes) and 10.04 (2 nodes)
server. We are going to update all the nodes to 10.04 in few weeks.
4 nodes are application servers (tomcat) and 2 run batches. Each byte
of ram, or cpu cycle, gained  improve our overall performance :)
But maybe running single process will degradate them.
Regards,
R.

--
Roberto Franchini