[Gluster-users] small files and cluster/stripe

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Fri May 14 23:20:56 UTC 2010

Jeff -
I've paraphrased Tejas's response here -
1. There is no way to know how big a file will be until the fclose() is received.
2. What would we do about files that change sizes across the cutoff line?
3. We could perhaps add a size parameter to the rebalance/defrag scripts we have.

Would a process that redistributed the file on some sort of a schedule work?

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Gluster, Inc.