[Gluster-users] Is it feasible to do IP Authentication while fetching volume files?

bonn deng bonndeng at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:50:20 UTC 2010

    Hello, everyone~
    From this link (
http://gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Translators/protocol/server),
I learnt how to configure the IP authentication on the server-side, but
here's a problem, if I change the config file on the server-side, I have to
restart the server process in order to make the new config take effect. This
isn't a good idea for a live system I think, so I wonder if I can make IP
authentication when gfs clients go to the volfile-server to fetch the volume
file by specifying the volfile-id, does such a functionality exist? If yes,
how to configure to make it happen?
    By the way, we're using glusterfs 3.0.3, thanks~
    Best wishes,
Bonn