[Gluster-users] Glusterfs and Xen - mount option

Harshavardhana harsha at gluster.com
Wed May 5 06:06:46 UTC 2010

Hi Paulo,

    To enable direct io mode from "mount -t glusterfs" you need to provide
an extra option "-odirect-io-mode=yes" as additional command line
parameter.

disable direct io has performance penalty only for fuse kernel module lesser
than 2.6.26. Since 2.6.26 and above with big_writes enabled for pagecached
writes we can use --disable-direct-io-mode safely without having performance
penalty..

All depends on the client side. Recommended is to use XEN images to serve
from glusterfs use latest kernels.

Regards
--
Harshavardhana