[Gluster-users] (no subject)

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Tue May 4 19:43:01 UTC 2010

On 4 May 2010, at 21:27, Larry Bates wrote:

> Seems to me that this problem should more likely be solved with Squid. Nginx, or
> some caching software.

The speed problem could be fixed with them, but it's not a replacement for what glusterfs is doing. I'm in the same boat: users upload images to a synchronously replicated gluster content area available to multiple web servers. Caching on individual servers is likely to run into coherency problems. With no server stickiness, we need to be able to guarantee that an uploaded file is immediately available to all front-ends without introducing a SPOF.

While gluster might not be ideal for this, it is the *only* solution I've found that does it all. Do you have any better suggestions?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions