[Gluster-users] webdav and os x

Dean Bruhn deanbruhn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:18:58 UTC 2010

Raghavendra,
	The server doesn't provide any logs for the issue at least through the admin console and I don't have shell access as it is platform not glusterfs. With OS X I can provide more issue but I will have to bring the cluster back up. I broke the cluster trying to test the restore functionality and never brought it back up after that. It purely comes down to a permissions issue at this point thought. I can from the command line create a file on the NFS share but am unable to in Finder copy files to or from the NFS share. In finder if I try and access the files I have other issues also.

Ok since i needed to bring it up I just did to recreate the issues.

From the finder when trying to copy a file to the share (CIFS) I get an error that says "The Finder can't complete the operation because some data is "export-20100324(2).tar.bz can't be read or written. (Error code -36)". Additionally when I try and copy a file it will create the stub of the file, but wont actually copy the data.

If I copy the file using the command line it copies without any issue. I can also copy a file off of the share without issue.

From the Finder when I do a "Get Info" to look at the sharing & permissions settings it states that I have unknown access.

From the finder and from the command line I am able to create directories.

Additionally sometimes even from the command line when I am trying to copy a file I get and error on the command line that states. "cp: filename: could not copy extended attributes to /path/to/mount/path/to/file/filename: Input/Output error" OS X in version 10.5 dramatically changed the way they were handling their extended attributes, so I am not sure if the issue exists before 10.5 or not. In 10.5 they had to make a bunch of changes so they could become a certified unix platform.

I have attached the system log from the client machine that shows the error.

Let me know how else I can help you.

- Dean