[Gluster-users] Setup for production - which one would you choose?

Oliver Hoffmann oh at dom.de
Wed Mar 24 16:45:40 UTC 2010

Haha, there are loads of Linux distributions out there and even
strange OSes like *BSD or windooze or what's it called? ;-)

I tried out Gentoo a while ago but I droped it because all the compiling
took way too long. The big plus here is the big minus on debian like
systems. The current Ubuntu 9.10 for example has glusterfs 2.0.9,
period. If you want to have 3.0.2 then you have to wait for Ubuntu
10.04 or you compile it.
But now that we have (almost) 10.04 with 3.0.2 I'll take this way.
Having such a system up and running on recent hardware is a matter of
maybe 10 or 20 minutes.

Cheers!