[Gluster-users] Quickread Translator Memory Leak?

Vijay Bellur vijay at gluster.com
Thu Mar 18 19:03:03 UTC 2010

Benjamin Long wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed a memory leak when using the Quickread translator?

Quickread translator does unlimited caching as of now. This is not a
memory leak but it has the same effect in exhausting available memory.
We are going to improve this behavior through enhancement bug 723.
> My workstations are having a problem as well. After running for a few days (as
> long as a week) the users start having their sessions killed. They are
> returned to a login prompt, and can login again. Glusterfs is still running at
> this point, but I think thats because all the users apps were first on the kill
> list for an oom condition. The backup server runs nothing but glusterfs and
> rsync.

Do you have details of GlusterFS's memory usage (Resident Memory and
percentage of memory used) at the instant when the oom condition was
observed?

Regards,
Vijay