[Gluster-users] Boot GSP node with KVM and VirtIO

Jorgen Rosink jrosink at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 00:18:17 UTC 2010

I'm trying to boot a virtual GSP node with Linux KVM and VirtIO. While
the install itself detects both the VirtIO harddisk (/dev/vdx) and
VirtIO ethernet nic and completes successfully, I'm not able to boot
the virtual machine from it. After POST I can only see the GSP boot
message and the countdown timer, but when the timer reach 0 it stalls.
When I reassign the _same_ disk as IDE or SCSI device, the virtual
machine boots as expected.
Am I missing something, is VirtIO not supported or is this a bug ?