[Gluster-users] Gluster and iSCSI

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Fri Mar 12 15:11:04 UTC 2010

I've done this a few years ago but there were serious overhead problems
with gigE (even with jumbo frames).
This is a good way of merging a traditional SAN with gluster but there's
little advantage if you are using commodity equipment. It's better to
just have the machine exporing the iscsi lun to just act as a second
gluster server.

There has been talk about a delayed-write mirror before for offsite and
slower mirroring maybe a dev can tell us how far out that is.
Currently every write would have to occur before the client could continue.

-Mickey Mazarick