[Gluster-users] Not mounting

Chad ccolumbu at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:38:50 UTC 2010

Someone who knows pipe up here, but I think that I am confused.
Lots of things look wrong to me, but I am not sure what you are trying to do, and what is different between 2.x and 3.x.

I think what you want:
1 (or more) mount points/directories exported from your 2 servers server002 and bee003 to be mounted by your N nodes.

What it looks like you have:
1 mount points/directories exported from servers raidvol-0 and raidvol-1
1 mount points/directories exported from servers server002 and bee003
A distributed volume across all your client nodes (mirrors 2-15...)

Are you exporting 2 mounts from 4 different servers?
Are you really trying to create a raid0 array across all your client nodes?

If you want what I think you want your config files would/should be much simpler.
Here is my guess:
Here's glusterfsd.vol:
**********************************
<snip of cmd line from volgen>
# TRANSPORT-TYPE tcp
# PORT 6996

volume posix
   type storage/posix
   option directory /glusterfs1
end-volume

volume locks
     type features/locks
     subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick
     type performance/io-threads
     option thread-count 8
     subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume server
     type protocol/server
     option transport-type tcp
     option auth.addr.brick.allow *
     option listen-port 6996
     subvolumes brick
end-volume

*************************
glusterfs.vol is
# RAID 1
# TRANSPORT-TYPE tcp
# PORT 6996

volume raidvol-0
     type protocol/client
     option transport-type tcp
     option remote-host server002
     option remote-port 6996
     option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume raidvol-1
     type protocol/client
     option transport-type tcp
     option remote-host bee003
     option remote-port 6996
     option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume mirror-0
     type cluster/replicate
     subvolumes raidvol-0 raidvol-1
end-volume

volume writebehind
     type performance/write-behind
     option cache-size 4MB
     subvolumes mirror-0
end-volume

volume io-cache
     type performance/io-cache
     option cache-size 1GB
     subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

Finally your mount point in /etc/fstab on client nodes 1-N would look like:
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol  /remote_glusterfs1               glusterfs       defaults        0 0

^C