[Gluster-users] Not mounting

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Mar 8 19:12:12 UTC 2010

Chad wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Chad wrote:
>>> I never used 2.x so I am not sure if this it the issue or not, but do
>>> you have an allow line in your glusterfsd.vol file?
>>> That is how glusterfs authenticates clients, if the server can not
>>> authenticate the client the mount will fail.
>>> My allow line looks like this:
>>> option auth.addr.tcb_brick.allow *
>>>
>>> Obviously your auth line would need to change "tcb_brick" to the name
>>> of your volume export.
>>
>> Oh. Um, sorry, this is completely unobvious to me. Also, I would have
>> assumed that glusterfs-volgen would have put the correct name in which
>> it gleaned from the command line.
>>
>> So, if the volume is /glusterfsr1, and the export for mounting is
>> /export/glusterfs1, tcb_brick should be changed to, um,
>> /export/glusterfs1?
>>
> If you just post your .vol files we can read them and tell you if anything
> is wrong.

One other thing - is "brick" a reserved name, or does there have to be an
actual subdirectory called brick?

Here's glusterfsd.vol:
**********************************
<snip of cmd line from volgen>
# TRANSPORT-TYPE tcp
# PORT 6996

volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /glusterfs1
end-volume

volume locks
    type features/locks
    subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick
    type performance/io-threads
    option thread-count 8
    subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume server
    type protocol/server
    option transport-type tcp
    option auth.addr.brick.allow *
    option listen-port 6996
    subvolumes brick
end-volume
*************************
And the short version of glusterfs.vol is
# RAID 1
# TRANSPORT-TYPE tcp
# PORT 6996

volume raidvol-0
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host raidvol-0
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume raidvol-1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host raidvol-1
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume server002:/glusterfs1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host server002:/glusterfs1
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

<servers 003-34, minus the several dead ones...>
volume mirror-0
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes raidvol-0 raidvol-1
end-volume

volume mirror-1
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes server002:/glusterfs1 bee003:/glusterfs1
end-volume
<mirrors 2-15...>

volume distribute
    type cluster/distribute
    subvolumes mirror-0 mirror-1 mirror-2 mirror-3 mirror-4 mirror-5
mirror-6 mirror-7 mirror-8 mirror-9 mirror-10 mirror-11 mirror-12
mirror-13 mirror-14 mirror-15
end-volume

volume writebehind
    type performance/write-behind