[Gluster-users] Not mounting

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Mar 8 18:40:44 UTC 2010

> I never used 2.x so I am not sure if this it the issue or not, but do you
> have an allow line in your glusterfsd.vol file?
> That is how glusterfs authenticates clients, if the server can not
> authenticate the client the mount will fail.
> My allow line looks like this:
> option auth.addr.tcb_brick.allow *
>
> Obviously your auth line would need to change "tcb_brick" to the name of
> your volume export.

Oh. Um, sorry, this is completely unobvious to me. Also, I would have
assumed that glusterfs-volgen would have put the correct name in which it
gleaned from the command line.

So, if the volume is /glusterfsr1, and the export for mounting is
/export/glusterfs1, tcb_brick should be changed to, um,
/export/glusterfs1?

> Plus my auth is wide open because my servers and clients are on a totally
> private network.

I'll worry 'bout that later; right now, it's on a 34 node cluster that
uses a private address space under the cluster head.

       mark