[Gluster-users] glusterfs-volgen

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Mar 4 22:13:46 UTC 2010

Please point me to where I'm sure it's been discussed.

And will SOMEONE PLEASE FIX YOUR DOCUMENTATION!!!

I'm using CentOS 5.4, and just installed glusterfs, version says 2.0.8.
There is no manpage for glusterfs-volgen. The doc on your site is WRONG: I
followed the exact instructions for raid 1... and it fails, immediately,
telling me '--export-directory' option not given, exiting

Another complaint: I had to go to wikipedia to find that I needed to
install glusterfs-server on the servers that will make up the volume, and
the client on only one (apparently), and not everything on every server.

       mark