[Gluster-users] GlusterFS performance questions for Amazon EC2 deployment

Craig Box craig.box at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:22:33 UTC 2010

OK, so this brings me to Plan B.  (Feel free to suggest a plan C if you can.)

I want to have six nodes, three in each availability zone, replicate a
Mercurial repository.  Here's some art:

[gluster c/s] [gluster c/s] | [gluster c/s] [gluster c/s]

           [gluster s]      |      [gluster s]
              [OCFS 2]      |      [OCFS 2]

DRBD doing the cross-AZ replication, and a three node GlusterFS
cluster inside each AZ.  That way, any one machine going down should
still mean all the rest of the nodes can access the files.

Sound believable?

Craig