[Gluster-users] Namespace in GlusterFS

khai pham phamhongkhai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 02:45:43 UTC 2010

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for reply,

There is very little information about NameSpace in GlusterFS Docs.
I found out some information:

Name Space Cache is a directory tree structure of the GlusterFS but
with empty files (not empty, file will contain the IP address of the
server where the file exists)
This helps us in two issues:
1) In case a server goes down, there are chances that a duplicate
file name is created (creation will be allowed as the original file
is not seen as the server has gone down) But if we have NSC info, we
can make sure that duplicate file is not created.
2) open() will be faster as the NSC will have the info of the server
where the file exists

Are they correct?
Please explain to me more!
Thanks you very much,