[Gluster-users] GlusterFS - POSIX acl and quota's

Alexander Köhler alexander.koehler at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 24 08:26:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

the last day's I experimented with GlusterFS. Nearly everything work's
fine. But one lack is left.
I need ACL and Quota support. Adding the acl and quota flag's in the
fstab produced no error. But if I want to use the command setfacl I get
the error "unsupported operation". Also if I want too generate the quota
file's with quotaqueck I get the message that this operation isn't allowed.
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and ext4 in the backend. Quota and ACL on normal
ext4-partitions work fine, so I obviate that there's is a problem with
the implementation of Quoat and ACL theirself.

Is it possible to use GlusterFS with ACL and Quota's?
If yes, of what I have to take care of during the configuration?

Kindly regards,

Alexander Köhler