[Gluster-users] Zero byte versions in DHT volume

Dan Bretherton dab at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 17:03:10 UTC 2010

Dear Vikas and Krishna,
Thank you for your replies.  I have a couple more questions if you don't
mind.

These are "link files" used by the distribute translator. It needs to create
> these files in certain situations involving rename, etc. The link file
> contains a pointer to the actual file in its extended attribute. It is
> completely normal to have these files.
>
> Are the link files temporary?  How long should they exist for?

both volumes are pointing to brick1, hence the distribute sees the file
> twice.

But they also point to a different remote hosts, perseus and romulus.  These
two servers just happen to have Glusterfs server brick volumes called
"brick1".  Is this not allowed?

-Dan.

Message: 7