[Gluster-users] slow rsync

Bryan McGuire bmcguire at newnet66.org
Fri Jun 4 17:54:51 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a working Glusterfs setup with two nodes mirroring their
bricks. Both are server and client.

I am trying to copy our email data (around 400 GB) from /fs/mail to /
mnt/glusterfs/mail (gluster mount) in order to test the setup before
production.

Using rsync the first time to 29 hours.

I am currently performing a second rsync as I would like to get up to
date data for testing.

rsync -rva --delete /fs/mail/* /mnt/glusterfs/mail

This is still taking forever!  Any advice, or is their a faster way to
get this accomplished?

Could I use /fs/mail as the source for glusterfs in one node and sync
to the second node?

Bryan McGuire
Senior Network Engineer
NewNet 66