[Gluster-users] Adding brick to existing glusterfs setup

Adrian Moisey adrian at careerjunction.co.za
Thu Jun 3 12:07:28 UTC 2010

Hi

> 1) At least when you use the volgen utility (in the 3.x Gluster versions) to create the config files and define RAID=1, it insists on pairs of bricks to implement this. While there is nothing that precludes multiple mirrors for RAID 1, I'm not sure Gluster accommodates that config. I may be completely wrong about this, but that has been my experience so far.

I'm not using Gluster 3.x.
http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Translators/cluster/replicate
THat example uses 3 bricks.

> 2) If Gluster does support multiple RAID 1 mirrors, you would need to do a 'ls -LR' on the top level directory of the glusterfs mount point to let Gluster see all the files and replicate accordingly. I think.

I'll give it a try, but doing a regular 'ls' didn't make the files
appear in the gluster mount or in my /export.

--
Adrian Moisey
Systems Designer | CareerJunction | Better jobs. More often.
Web: www.careerjunction.co.za | Email: adrian at careerjunction.co.za
Phone: +27 21 818 8621 | Mobile: +27 82 858 7830 | Fax: +27 21 818 8855