[Gluster-users] Adding Gluster second node

Pete Aspinall (Xenon) pete at xenon-uk.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 11:45:01 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I am new to Gluster and am implementing a test environment in our VMware ESX R&D Cluster, I have configured the first node and am now attempting to add a second server. I have entered the IP address range of nodes I am going to add in the 'add server' wizard and it then tells me to boot the other node im trying to add.

I boot the second node of the source and click on add server when booted, it then comes up with the following message.

Installation Status

Finding first server to initiate installation remotely.... Success.
Go to first server and select 'Add server' in server manager to take control.
Installer agent died. Installation aborted.

I have tried all different combinations of booting, selecting add server from the console before starting the second add etc etc...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pete.