[Gluster-users] Gluster-users Digest, Vol 20, Issue 22

Arvids Godjuks arvids.godjuks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:17:20 UTC 2010

Consider this - a rebuild of 1.5-2 TB HDD in raid5/6 array can easily
take up to few days to complete. At that moment your storage at that
node will not perform well. I read a week ago very good article with
research of this area, only thing it's in russian, but it mentions a
few english sources too. Maybe google translate will help.
Here's the original link: http://habrahabr.ru/blogs/hardware/78311/
Here's the google translate version:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhabrahabr.ru%2Fblogs%2Fhardware%2F78311%2F&sl=ru&tl=en
(looks quite neet by the way)