[Gluster-users] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Dec 11 16:27:30 UTC 2010

On 12/11/2010 11:17 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

[...]

> I'm now looking for something that could scale beyond 100TB on one
> device (not necessarily one unit though) and find it frustrating that
> most NAS's come in 1U or 2U at most.

Not meant as a commercial.  See http://scalableinformatics.com/sicluster

Scales through many PB.  100TB isn't an issue, we have many in the field
of this size or larger (and smaller).  Runs Gluster 3.x (3.1.x
recommended).

> Maybe I'm just not shopping around enough, or maybe I prefer to well
> known brands, I don't know.

The "well known" brands have well known limitations.  You have to decide
if brand name is more important than meeting the specific needs.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com