[Gluster-users] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sat Dec 11 16:17:27 UTC 2010

If you use any NAS (or a SAN) devices, what do you use? And I'm
referring more to larger scale network storage than your home PC or
home theater system.

We've had very good experiences with our NetGear ReadyNAS devices but
I'm in the market for something new. The NetGear's aren't the cheapest
ones around but they do what it says on the box. My only real gripe
with them is the lack of decent scalability.

TheCus devices seems to be rather powerful as well, and you can stack
upto 5 units together. But that's where the line stops.

I'm now looking for something that could scale beyond 100TB on one
device (not necessarily one unit though) and find it frustrating that
most NAS's come in 1U or 2U at most.

Maybe I'm just not shopping around enough, or maybe I prefer to well
known brands, I don't know.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers