[Gluster-users] howto disable gluster nfs on one computer

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Wed Dec 8 07:34:54 UTC 2010

Bill -
    I have a proposed solution for you, please let me know if it will
work in your environment. You can create a non-distributed,
non-replicated volume on the host, on a *empty* directory, then export
that using Gluster.

# mkdir /newdir
# gluster volume create localdata <localhost>:/newdir
# gluster volume start localdata
# mount -t nfs -o vers=3 localhost:/localdata <some mount point>

Then copy|mv the existing data into <some mount point>. This eliminates
the need to run a second NFS server.

Thanks,

Craig

-->