[Gluster-users] simple 2 server replication question - how to mount for HA

Jacob Shucart jacob at gluster.com
Thu Dec 2 16:24:29 UTC 2010

Ben,

If you're using Gluster 3.1.1 then you don't need to do anything with vol
files including mounting using them.  When you mount using -t glusterfs as
an option, you can just point to the hostname:/VOLFILE and Gluster will
automatically retrieve vol file information and open parallel connections
to the Gluster storage nodes.  This also means you don't need to mount
different hostnames to different clients since the hostname you use is
only used for the initial configuration retrieval.  Also, when using -t
glusterfs to mount, your connection will already be highly available since
the Gluster native protocol has failover built in to it.  If you are
testing failover, just be aware that there is a ping-timeout setting
described in the documentation that handles how long Gluster will wait for
a server if it is unable to contact a server.

-Jacob