[Gluster-users] The Gluster Storage Platform webinterface for custom installation?

Jack Murgia jack.murgia at cloudcontrollers.com
Mon Aug 23 20:20:00 UTC 2010

Hello Bala,

Amazon now allows custom kernels and specifically verified that Fedora
11 is supported:
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AmazonWebServicesBlog/~3/t4biB2euVkk/use-your-own-kernel-with-amazon-ec2.html

Would Gluster consider offering a DevPay AMI of the Gluster Storage
Platform on EC2?

DevPay AMIs would allow Gluster to retain their subscription model
with a mark-up of the hourly run-time charges on an instance type.
This would allow prospective customers like my clients to pay-as-they
go while testing.

http://labslice.com/ is a new service which can give Gluster the
ability to invite prospects to timed demo instances of EBS-Backed
AMIs, should Gluster prefer to stick with the 30 day trial method.

I would be interested in working with Gluster to explore this possibility.

Jack Murgia
Cloud Controllers
Amazon Web Services Solution Provider
http://www.cloudcontrollers.com/

(415) 494-2855 Phone

cloudcontrollers   Skype/AIM/Googletalk/MSN/Yahoo
cloudcontroller     twitter