[Gluster-users] Increased performance for small files with debug/trace translator?

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Tue Aug 3 21:02:35 UTC 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Barry Jaspan wrote:

> Is this considered a bug? I thought the trace translator was supposed to be
> enableable at any level of the translator stack, including multiple levels,
> so you could debug calls across any translator.

That's correct. What happened here is that Major wrote "subvolumes server01-1" in the trace definition, thus bypassing mirror-0.

Client volume file: http://pastie.org/1072935

Jeff is talking about a bug in the sense that the io-cache translator should have thrown a warning saying it had been left dangling.
And yes, it should have :-)

Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.